Rental Agreement & Policies
- Check-In/Check-Out – Check-in time is 5: 00 p.m. (CST). DO NOT ARRIVE ON PROPERTY UNTIL CHECK-IN IS SCHEDULED WITH YOU. Please send us a text to the number provided on your reservation details when you are 30 minutes away from Destin. Late arrivals should make arrangements by telephone prior to arrival for key pick-up and check-in information. Please refer to your reservation details for property address. Check-out time is by 10:00 a.m. (CST) firm so we may prepare for our next arrival. We are unable to offer early check-in so please plan on checking in at the scheduled 5:00 p.m. CST time. Any check out after 10:00 a.m. CST will be charged for a FULL extra day.
- Upon Arrival – Please read the entire guest book located inside the home for all information pertaining to the home, Wi-Fi, trash, etc.
- No Pets – If any pet(s) or evidence of a pet(s) is found in the property or on the premises, you will be asked to vacate immediately and forfeit all rental payments. Any evidence of pets in your rental property or on the premises may result in additional charges.
- Family Rentals ONLY! – We are very serious about maintaining a family atmosphere for the enjoyment of all guests. We will rent to family groups, married couples, and responsible adults over the age of 25 (proof of age is required). The total number of persons allowed in the unit at any time is restricted to the stated limit for each property. Absolutely no house parties allowed. This includes weddings, wedding parties, and receptions. During spring break season, we require groups under the age of 25 to first request approval for an exception to this rule. Any violators without prior approval will be evicted without refund.
- Student Group Exceptions – We allow student rentals only on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE INQUIRE FIRST FOR APPROVAL. If a student group is accepted, the group is required to pay special damage deposits, register each guest with a copy of the guest’s Driver’s License, sign the addendum to the contract terms, and mail all of this info in within 21 days of booking the home or no later than 7 days prior to check in date. Student groups are subject to inspections to ensure the home/asset is being properly cared for.
- Falsified Reservation – Any reservation obtained under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of reservation deposit and/or balance of rental payment. Guests will not be permitted to check-in. Note: Units may not be sublet by guests.
- Reservation Deposit – Payment for reservation must be paid in FULL no later than 60 days prior to your scheduled check in date. Failure to do so will result in a $75 late fee and/or loss of all funds sent and cancellation of the reservation.
- Refunds – No refunds will be given for late arrivals or early departures, or for any other reason other than stated herein this contract.
- Travel Protection Insurance – As a company we strongly advise purchasing travel insurance to protect your trip. We recommend the “Cancel For Any Reason” Plan. This provides the most protection, so a refund can be given from the insurance company, even if our policy doesn’t otherwise allow refunds. If travel insurance is purchased, the normal refund/cancellation policy becomes void, and the terms of the travel insurance that was purchased shall govern any right to a refund/cancellation. See details below.
Standard Travel Protection costs 7% of the desired coverage amount and provides 100% reimbursement for 30+ events (see coverage documents). Cancel-For-Any-Reason (CFAR) costs 9.8% of the desired coverage amount and wraps around the standard policy. It provides 100% reimbursement for covered events and 65% reimbursement for non-covered reasons. Both Standard and CFAR travel protection policies are provided by Nationwide Insurance Co. and the program is administered by Rental Guardian and their agency InsureStays. CFAR must be purchased at the time of reservation (initial trip deposit) or within 14 days of the initial trip deposit. CFAR is not an option once the 14 days have passed. CFAR claims must be made 48hrs (or earlier) before the travel start date. No cancellation coverage within the 48 hr window of the travel start date. Both standard and CFAR policies include automatic coverage for any pre-existing health issues if purchased within 14 days of the initial trip deposit. If purchased after 14 days, trip interruption or cancellation that is a result of a condition that was pre-existing for which an individual is under doctor care or taking medication is not covered. Standard travel insurance can be purchased up to 30 days prior to your travel start date. If your reservation is made within 30 days of the start of travel, you may purchase anytime up to the day before. Insurance should not be purchased if the traveler is within the 30 days window of the travel start date and the reservation (as identified as the initial trip payment) was more than two weeks earlier. A claim would be denied.
Copy & paste this link: https://www.travelprotection.insure/279.html
- Cancellations – Written (Email) notice is required for all cancellations. Cancellations before 60 days prior to the arrival date will result in a cancellation charge of 25% of the weekly rental rate, including taxes. Cancellations made within 60 days of the check in date will result in the forfeit of any and all rental, cleaning and tax money sent. No refunds are provided for cancellations for an early departure. No exceptions will be made to this cancellation policy. (If you are a guest that has received a credit or a transfer towards a future week, TDBH’s normal cancellation policies do not apply, and all cancellation policies are void for your reservation. You will be required to purchase travel insurance for any money to be refunded if you need to cancel for any reason.)
- Inclement Weather Policy – Should a hurricane or tropical storm threaten our area, we will receive evacuation instructions from the National Hurricane Center and our local governing officials. If the “Mandatory Evacuation” order is given, refunds will only be given from your travel insurance company if you have purchased coverage. TDBH will not issue a refund of any rent payments. Cancellations or an early departure due to Inclement weather does not warrant a refund. If there is a loss of power for any reason, The Destin Beach Houses are in no way liable for refunds.
- Extenuating Circumstances – Uncontrolled events and natural disasters, including but not limited to pandemics, viruses, hurricanes, tornados, floods, travel bans, and border closings warrant refunds solely at the discretion of TDBH. If a refund is provided, TDHB will charge a management/operating fee of a minimum of 15% of the weekly rental rate, including taxes.
- Damages – Guests assume full financial responsibility for damages due to misuse or negligence and missing items. Prior to check-out, please report any damages that occurred during your stay. Any charges will be deducted from your damage deposit total or placed on your damage insurance policy. The property shall be in the same condition upon departure as at check-in, normal wear and tear excepted. TDBH or its agents may enter the property at reasonable times to make repairs. Guest may cook in areas specifically designated for cooking. Guest must immediately notify TDBH of fire or other damage to property. Guest shall be liable for all acts of the family, invitees, or other persons invited onto the property. Guest may not sublet or assign this rental agreement. Guest shall be responsible to return all keys and gate or garage door openers upon departure. Guest shall abide by the House Rules of TDBH, as provided to Guest. Guest shall not bring any pets onto the property unless it is pet friendly. Guest will not smoke indoors. Guest will rinse feet of sand prior to entering the unit. No parties shall be allowed without prior consent. No catering or outside music permitted without prior consent. If you find any items requiring maintenance or repair during your stay, Guest agrees to notify TDBH of the need for maintenance or repair. Any unreported maintenance or repair will be charged to the Guest as damage at the end of the Guest’s rental.
- Non-Smoking Units – All our properties at TDBH are non-smoking, and smoking is strictly prohibited inside all rental units. Any evidence of smoking in the property will result in FULL LOSS of damage deposit. If further damage is found due to smoking, such as burn marks or ash stains, renter will be billed for damages for the full cost for repair. No Cigarettes, cigars, vapes or E cigs are permitted to be used inside the property.
- Minimum Stay – One-week minimum stays will apply for all properties with a Saturday arrival and Saturday departure. If you require a shorter stay, please ask for availability and rate.
- Housekeeping – Housekeeping cleaning fee is added to your total to be completed upon checkout only. You are responsible for cleaning your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition at checkout. Linens and bath towels are included and not to be taken from the unit. We suggest you bring beach towels and beach blankets. Guests will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. An Initial set-up of trash liners and bathroom paper is provided. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest.
- Items Left in Unit – TDBH is not responsible for personal items left in a unit. Personal items remaining in the unit may be discarded, and TDBH does not guarantee the storage of any personal items. If items are found and you wish them returned, there will be a $25 service charge, plus shipping costs.
- Cable & Internet Service – Our properties have cable & internet access. We do not, however, guarantee internet connectivity due to service being provided by an outside vendor, restrictions from personal computers, or other factors that may lead to interruption of internet service. In the event the internet service is inoperable, we will do our best to troubleshoot over the phone, but if further assistance is needed, the guest will be responsible for contacting the internet provider in the event of an outage. No refunds will be given due to the loss of internet service.
- Utilities – No compensation will be given for temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, cable, telephone service, heated pools, or internet service. Outages will be reported immediately, and all efforts will be made to have them restored as soon as possible. TDBH is in no way responsible for ANY outages from outside vendors but will act quickly in attempting to resolve the issue. No refunds will be given.
- Maintenance Problems – Guests are required to promptly report any maintenance problems to TDBH. Do not leave doors or windows open while the A/C or heaters are operating. If a unit fails due to doors or windows being left open, the guest will be responsible for the cost of repair. A/C must NEVER be turned below 70 degrees for any reason. TDBH staff may enter the property to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issues during your stay. No refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, pool heaters, etc.
- Construction – TDBH is unable to control or predict any projects or construction that may be going on in the area at the time of your stay and therefore cannot be responsible for any inconvenience this may cause. No refunds can be given in the event of nearby construction.
- Vehicle Policy – All RVs, Trailers, Boats, Jet Skis, large box vans or buses, must ALL be approved by TDBH prior to rental. Guests may request approval by email and should submit details and sizes for approval.
- Good Neighbor Policy – Guests agree that no more than the number of people stated in this Agreement will occupy the premises. Unauthorized people on the Property will be asked to leave immediately. Only the Guest and the Guest’s invitees may occupy the premises. If there is excessive noise or music, any illegal activity, or evidence of violation of these policies, you may be asked to vacate the premises without any refund and additional charges may be assessed. Please be sure to observe all rules and regulations, which are provided for each property. All guests are required to conform to all rules and regulations of the properties. Violators are subject to eviction.
- Pool Policy – The pool is to be used by registered guests only. A fee is required to heat the private pool; if the guest desires heating, please request heating upon registration. Tampering with or adjusting the pool heater is strictly forbidden. If the pool is not heated to adequate temperature, please contact TDBH. If the pool heater is found to be adjusted or tampered with, immediate loss of ALL damage deposit with incur.
- Golf Cart – Golf carts are included free with all TDBH properties. These golf carts are intended for use by registered guests only and guests that are 25 years of age or older, have a valid Driver’s License, and valid insurance. In the event a golf cart needs repair or is no longer operable, there will be no refunds, but TDBH will use reasonable efforts to repair the golf cart. Replacement golf carts may be provided if available.
- Checkout Instructions – Checkout is strictly 10:00 a.m. CST. Please follow the checkout list in the guest book at the home before checkout. If all guests check out before 10:00 a.m. CST, please send us a courtesy text to inform us you have vacated the property.
- Student Group Damage Deposit – A student group damage deposit of $100.00 per person is required. The damage deposit covers unintentional damages to the rental unit that occur during your stay. The student group damage deposit is paid at the time of booking and will be refunded after you check out, provided the property is left in the condition it was found. If expenses are incurred to repair damages, replace missing items, pay for extra cleaning, or any other violation of the rental agreement, TDBH reserves the right to apply the damage deposit to these expenses. If there have been no other violations of the rental agreement, then the student group damage deposit will be mailed back 7-21 days after check-out. Please do not contact us in regard to your deposit, it will be handled and refunded to you electronically or via mail in the form of a check.
- Damage Protection Waiver- As an alternative to the damage deposit, guests may pay a Damage Protection Waiver of $149.00-$249.00, which is nonrefundable and covers up to $500 in damages. If damages exceed $500, guests will be billed for the balance exceeding $500.
- Chargebacks or Disputes – In the event of a dispute due to damage and/or cancellation refunds, guests forgo the right to file a chargeback or a credit card dispute with the guest’s financial institution for any reason. Guests are required to work the discrepancy out solely with a representative of The Destin Beach Houses company. In the unlikely event guests attempt to collect funds through dispute or chargeback, guest will be in violation of Section #31 of this contract, FLORIDA STATUTE 509.151.
- Rental Contract – TDBH Reserves the right to cancel a reservation for any reason at any time, without notice. This is unlikely and rarely needed, and if TDBH cancels a reservation, a refund will be given.
- FLORIDA STATUTE 509.151 – Obtaining food or lodging with intent to defraud; penalty.—(1) Any person who obtains food, lodging, or other accommodations having a value of less than $300 at any public food service establishment, or at any transient establishment, with intent to defraud the operator thereof, is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083 ; if such food, lodging, or other accommodations have a value of $300 or more, such person is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083 , or s. 775.084.
- DISCLAIMER – While TDBH strives to maintain Rentals in the finest condition, no guarantees are expressed or implied regarding suitability of the property for any particular purpose. In consideration of the use of the Rental, the undersigned Guest, as agent and principal for all persons occupying or visiting the Rental during the Rental Term, acknowledges and agrees that TDBH shall not be responsible for any supervision or control of the rental premises and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, accident, delay, or death which may be suffered by the Guest, Guest’s family, children, invitees, principals or licensees, or any other person on the property, and it is expressly agreed that all use of the Rental shall be undertaken at Guest’s own risk. It is further agreed that TDBH shall not be subject to any claim, demand, injury, or damages, whatsoever, including without limitation, those damages resulting from the negligence of TDBH. Guest, on his/her own behalf and on behalf of his/her personal representative, administrator, heirs, assigns and successors, does hereby expressly forever release and discharge TDBH from all such claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, or causes of action.
- Representations by Renter – All information provided to TDBH must be accurate and truthful. By providing TDBH with the wrong info pertaining to who you are or the type of group you are, gives TDBH the right to make null & void your reservation without refund.
- Governing Law; Venue – This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to any choice of law rules. Any action relating to or arising out of this Agreement shall be brought only in a court of competent jurisdiction located in Okaloosa County, Florida or Walton County, Florida.
- No Waiver – The failure by TDBH to insist upon strict performance of, or to seek remedy of, any one of the terms or conditions of this Agreement or to exercise any right, remedy, or election set forth herein or permitted by law shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver or relinquishment for the future of such term, condition, right, remedy, or election, but such item shall continue and remain in full force and effect. All rights or remedies or remedies of the parties specified in this Agreement and all other rights or remedies that they may have at law, in equity, or otherwise, shall be distinct, separate, and cumulative rights or remedies, and no one of them, whether exercised or not, shall be deemed to be in exclusion of any other right or remedy of the parties.
- Binding Effect – This Agreement shall be binding and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- Waiver of Right to Jury Trial – THE GUEST AND TDBH EACH KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY, AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTIONS BROUGHT BY OR AGAINST THE GUEST OR TDBH IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
- Acknowledgement & Acceptance – The guest acknowledges that I have read and agreed to the above terms and policies stated in this agreement. If the guest understands by making payment, I am accepting all TDBH terms inside this rental contract. I understand that violating this agreement could result in penalties. a full loss of deposit, and/or eviction.
Thank you for choosing The Destin Beach Houses! We hope you enjoy your stay & make great memories that will last a lifetime!