Rental Agreement & Policies
- Check-In/Check-Out – Check-in time is 5:00p.m (CST). DO NOT ARRIVE ON PROPERTY UNTIL CHECK-IN IS SCHEDULED WITH YOU. Please send us a text to the number proved on your reservation details when you are 30 minutes away from Destin. Late arrivals should make arrangements by telephone prior to arrival for key pick-up and check-in information. Please refer to your reservation details for property address. Check-out time is by 10:00 a.m. (CST) firm, so we may prepare for our next arrival. We are unable to offer early check-in so please plan on checking in at the scheduled 5:00 p.m. CST time. Any check out after 10:00 a.m. CST will be charged for a FULL extra day.
- Upon Arrival- Please read the entire guest book located inside the home for all information pertaining to the home, wifi, trash, etc…
- No Pets– If any pet(s) or evidence of a pet(s) is found in the property or on the premises, you will be asked to vacate immediately and forfeit all rental payments. Any evidence of pets in your rental property or on the premises may also result in additional charges.
- Family Rentals ONLY! – We are very serious about maintaining a family atmosphere for the enjoyment of all guests. We will rent to family groups, married couples and responsible adults over the age of 25 (proof of age is required). The total number of persons allowed in the unit at any time is restricted to the stated limit for each property. Absolutely no house parties allowed. This includes weddings, wedding parties and receptions. During spring break season, we require groups under the age of 25 to first request approval for an exception to this rule Any violators without prior approval will be evicted. Eviction without refund is the penalty. In some instances we do make exceptions for student rentals, this is case by case scenario STUDENTS PLEASE INQUIRE FIRST FOR APPROVAL.
- Falsified Reservation – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of reservation deposit and/or balance of rental payment. Guest will not be permitted to check-in. Note: Units may not be sublet by guest.
- Reservation Deposit – Payment for reservation must be paid in FULL no later than 60 days prior to your scheduled check in date. Failure to do so will result in a $75 late fee and/or loss of all funds sent and cancelled the reservation.
- Refunds – No refunds will be given for late arrivals or early departures. Or for any other reason other than stated herein this contract.
- Travel Protection Insurance – As a company we do not offer Travelers Insurance however it is strongly recommended. You can find info on different policies from multiple companies including CSA or Homeaway.com or speak to your own travel agent for more info.
- Cancellations – A written (Email) 60 day notice is required for cancellation and 25% of the weekly rental rate will be forfeited as a cancellation charge. Cancellations made within 60 days of the check in date will result in the forfeit of any and all rental and tax money sent. The validity of the cancellation is at the owner’s discretion. Cancellations for an early departure due for any reason does not warrant any refunds of any kind. No exceptions to the cancellation policy.
- Inclement Weather Policy – Should a hurricane or tropical storm threaten our area we will receive evacuation instructions from the National Hurricane Center and our local governing officials. If the “Mandatory Evacuation” order is given, refunds will only be given from your travel insurance company if you have purchased coverage. TDBH will not issue a refund of any rent payments. Cancellations or an early departure due to inclement weather does not warrant a refund of any money sent. If there is a loss of power due to weather/city/county The Destin Beach Hosues are in no way liable. If you do not choose to purchase travel protection or insurance there will be no refunds.
- Damages – Guests assume full financial responsibility for damages due to misuse or negligence and missing items. Prior to check-out, please report any damages that occurred during your stay. Any charges will be deducted from your damage deposit total or placed on your damage insurance policy. As a courtesy, so we can continue to maintain each home in excellent condition, if during your stay you find other items requiring repair, we request that this information be reported to TDBH as soon as possible.
- Non-smoking Units– All of our properties at TDBH are non-smoking and smoking is strictly prohibited inside all rental units. Any evidence of smoking in the property will result in FULL LOSS of damage deposit. If further damage is found due to smoking such as burn marks or ash stains renter will be billed for damages as agrees to pay full cost for repair. No Cigarettes, cigars, vapes or E cigs are permitted to be used inside the property.
- Minimum Stay– One week minimum stays will apply for all properties with a Saturday arrival and Saturday departure. If you require a shorter stay, please ask for availability and rate.
- Housekeeping – housekeeping cleaning fee is added to your total to be completed upon check – out only. You are responsible for the cleaning of your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition at check-out. Linens and bath towels are included and not to be taken from the unit. We suggest you bring beach towels and beach blankets. Guests will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. An initial set-up of trash liners and bathroom paper is provided. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest.
- Items Left in Unit – TDBH is not responsible for personal items left in a unit. If items are found and you wish them returned, there will be a $25 service charge plus shipping costs. There is no promise items will be stored. most items will be immediately discarded.
- 16. Cable & Internet Service – Our properties have cable & internet access. We do not, however, guarantee internet connectivity due to service being provided by an outside vendor, restrictions from personal computers, or other factors may lead to interruption of internet service. In the event the internet service is inoperable, we will do our best to troubleshoot over the phone, but if further assistance is needed the guest will be responsible for contacting the internet provider in the event of an outage. No refunds will be given due to the loss of internet service.
- Utilities – No compensation will be given for temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, cable, telephone service, heated pools or internet service outages will be reported immediately and all efforts will be made to have them restored as soon as possible. TDBH is in no way responsible for ANY outages from outside vendors but will act quickly in attempting to resolve the issue. No refunds will be given.
- Maintenance Problems – Maintenance Problems During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to TDBH. Please do not leave doors or windows open while the A/C or heaters are operating. If a unit fails due to doors or windows being left open, the guest will be responsible for cost of repair. A/C must NEVER be turned below 70 degrees for any reason. TDBH staff may enter the property to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issues during your stay. No refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, pool heaters etc.
- Construction– TDBH is unable to control or predict any projects or construction that may be going on in the area at the time of your stay and therefore cannot be responsible for any inconvenience this may cause. No refunds can be given in the event of nearby construction.
- Vehicle Policy- All RVs, Trailers, Boats, Jet Skis, large box vans or buses. Must ALL be first approved by TDBH. Email and submit details and sizes for approval. Limit vehicle count to number of spots allowed by your specific property.
- Good Neighbor Policy – Please be sure to observe all rules and regulations, which are provided for each property. All guests, as well as owners, are required to conform to all rules and regulations of the properties. Violators are subject to eviction.
- Pool Policy – The pool is to be used by registered guests only. A fee is required to heat the private pool so if you want pool heating, please ask us to add it. Tampering with or adjusting the pool heater is strictly forbidden. If the pool is not heated to adequate temperature please contact TDBH. If pool heater is found to be adjusted or tampered with immediate loss of ALL damage deposit with incur.
- Golf Cart- Golf carts are included free with all of TDBH properties. These golf carts are intended for use by registered guests only and guests that are 18 years of age or older, have a valid Driver’s License & Valid Insurance. Golf carts are strictly a courtesy and you are not being charged for them. And in the event a golf cart needs repair or is no longer operable, there will be no refunds given. But we do want all our guests to have access to a golf cart, so we will do ur best to get the cart operable again or if possible bring a replacement cart if we have one available.
- Check out Instructions– Check out is strictly 10:00 a.m. CST. Please follow the checkout list in the guest book at the home before checkout. If all guests check out before 10:00 a.m. CST please send us a courtesy text to inform us you have vacated the property.
- DAMAGE DEPOSIT– A damage deposit of $500.00 is required. The damage deposit covers unintentional damages to the rental unit that occur during your stay. The damage deposit is paid at the time of booking and will be refunded after you check out providing the property is left in the order it was found. If expenses are incurred to repair damages, replace missing items, pay for extra cleaning or any other violation or the rental agreement The Destin Beach Houses reserves the right to apply the damage deposit to these expenses. If there have been no other violations of the rental agreement, then the damage deposit will be mailed back 7-21 days after check-out. Please do not contact us in regards to your deposit, it will be handled and refunded to you electronically or via mail in the form of a check.
- Damage Protection Waiver – This is a fee that eliminates the need of a refundable damage deposit. If the $69.00-$79.00 Damage Waiver Fee is paid, then guest is covered for up to $500 in damages. If damages exceed that, guest will be billed or credit card charged. Damage Waiver is not a refundable Deposit, it is a fee. Weather you have a Damage Waiver or a damage deposit will be reflected on your rental details.
- Rental Contract – TDBH Reserves the right to cancel a reservation for any reason at any time. TDBH is not required to inform the guests as to why. This is unlikely and rarely needed, and if TDBH cancels a reservation, refunds are given.
All information provided to TDBH must be accurate and truthful. By providing TDBH with the wong info pertaining to who you are or the type of group you are, gives TDBH the right to make null & void your reservation. Warranting no refunds.
28. FLORIDA STATUTE 509.151… Obtaining food or lodging with intent to defraud; penalty.—
(1) Any person who obtains food, lodging, or other accommodations having a value of less than $300 at any public food service establishment, or at any transient establishment, with intent to defraud the operator
thereof, is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083 ; if such food, lodging, or other accommodations have a value of $300 or more, such person is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083 , or s. 775.084.
29. Acknowledgement & Acceptance-
The guest acknowledges that I have read and agree to the above terms and policies stated in this agreement. I the guest understand by making payment, I am accepting all of TDBH terms inside this rental contract. I understand that violating this agreement could result in penalties. a full loss of deposit, and/or eviction.
Thank you for choosing The Destin Beach Houses! We hope you enjoy your stay & make great memories that will last a lifetime!